Radiation and Work
What are the main objectives of the Scientific Committee on Radiation and Work?
The main aim of the Scientific Committee on Radiation and Work of the ICOH is to stimulate an international exchange of experiences on research programmes, methodology and practice in the field of:
- exposure of workers to Ionizing Radiation (IR) and Non Ionizing Radiation (NIR), including Electromagnetic Fields (EMF) and Optical Radiation (OR)
- the prevention and health promotion of exposed workers.
The activities of the Scientific Committee on Radiation and Work are intended to provide a unique multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary network for sharing knowledge and advancements in the general field of occupational and environmental exposure of workers to IR and NIR, on adverse health effects, methodology and legislation, and any other topic of interest in the general field of protection and health promotion of IR and NIR exposed workers. The Scientific Committee on Radiation and Work also promote active contacts with other ICOH SCs, and with some of the main International Organizations and Agencies active in the field of IR and NIR, as the WHO, ILO, IAEA and ICNIRP.
Who can be interested to the activities of the Scientific Committee on Radiation and Work?
The participation to the activities of the Scientific Committee on Radiation and Work is open to occupational physicians and other occupational health professionals, industrial hygienists, radiologists and radiological physicists, biologists, engineers, managers, regulators, trade union representatives and any other person interested in the protection and health promotion of workers exposed to IR and NIR from the academy and other institution, industry and private practice.
How to join the Scientific Committee on Radiation and Work?
You can find all the instructions, and the application form, at the address:
http://www.grelf.unimore.it/index.php/membership or contact the Officers below.
What are the main activities of the Scientific Committee on Radiation and Work?
Among other activities, the Scientific Committee on Radiation and Work
- to organize Meetings, Workshops, Seminars, Courses;
- to facilitate contacts within members of the SC to promote an exchange of experience
- to promote contacts with other ICOH SCs
- to promote active contacts with some of the leading International Organizations and Agencies in the field of IR and NIR, such as the WHO, ILO, IAEA and ICNIRP
- to promote in his activities the involvement and contribution of scientists and health professionals from developing countries
.To be informed, and updated, on the activities of the SC and on other news of interest, and to have access to several documents and other materials relevance in the field, please have a look to the the Web page of the SC on Radiation and Work.
Website now available www.grelf.unimore.it
Scientific Committees Reports Triennium 2015-2018 now available here.
Officers for Triennum 2018-2021
Dr. Marc WITTLICH
Dr. Alberto MODENESE